"It shames me to admit now how challenging and difficult I found some of this work at the time. To put it plainly, I was against it before I was for it. John Currin’s exaggerated realism and his twisted women kept me off balance, never knowing if they were sincere or ironic or some new emotion. Wolfgang Tillmans’s stunning large-scale pictures, being shown for the first time, were so offhand I failed to see them as art. I didn’t know what to make of Felix Gonzalez-Torres, either, and his work is key to the era."
I love when people can admit they were wrong.
- abejavieja likes this
- clyreo likes this
- wine-loving-vagabond likes this
- kotidian reblogged this from sympathyfortheartgallery
- seventwofive likes this
- buongiorno likes this
- alfiealfie likes this
- miyajam likes this
- coleoptera-kinbote likes this
- sympathyfortheartgallery reblogged this from porcupineschool
- porcupineschool posted this